Respiratory Therapist Opportunity!
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist with a flexible schedule and the ability to work with patients and machines in a home health environment. This is a wonderful opportunity in the Rancho Cucamonga area if you are looking for additional work! We provide all of the following:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Part and full time schedules available
- 24-40 hours per week
- Full medical benefits available including matching 401K
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal vehicle for patient home visits.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically
- Ability to use electronic hand held device
- Microsoft Office programs
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
CareerStaff Rx — Connecting Pharmacy Professionals with Premier Pharmacies